Sunday 3 November 2013

Complete indulgence...a lovely way to spend a Sunday!

Now that my youngest has flown the nest (last of three), our Sundays are our own again.........something that we have not had since the eldest was born over 30 years ago and already we are rather liking this!!

Today....on a whim, Mr KT Miniatures and I set off in the car for simply a drive into "the country" (we cannot remember when we ever did this - it was so long ago) and ended up at an antiques fair in a tiny village memorial hall in the middle of rural Buckinghamshire. It stated that admission was only 50p.... so we thought we'd give it a go! What a fabulous time we had. Even though there were only about 20 stalls, I was distinctively drawn to one magnificent stand.  I loved everything on it......aaah if only I was rich, I would have bought it all. Nope,  it wasn't anything to do with miniatures......but had everything to do with the 1920s/30s!!!
So I did succumb to these little wonderful treasures, all for under £22.00...absolute bargain! 
The beautiful glass tray with inset antique embroidered lace mat is stunning and already has found a place of home on top of the pine "school cupboard" in a spare bedroom.  I am also planning to use this tray for staging on my KT Miniatures stand at a future fair, and I can envisage it being rather useful! The weeny little garden picture is from an old 1920s calendar and will be framed. The tiny little jug is so very 1930s in style and will sit up in my work room, along with several other of my vintage jugs...I use some for storing my brushes, small tools, etc.The little watercolour in the black frame (seen in the top photo) is destined for our newly decorated landing wall! I know the 1920s/1930s era is not everyone's cup of tea, but the stand holder who sold me all these little treasures, shares an obvious passion for that era as much as me and we could have chatted for hours!

Dolls House & Miniature Scene Magazine WW1 Web Only Project
I have been asked by editor of Dolls House & Miniature Scene magazine,  Lucie Roper,  if  I would tell you all that their November WW1 project is now live and can be viewed on the following link:


MULTIPLE LISTING OF VINTAGE DOL-TOI FROM MARION OSBORNE'S COLLECTION

During the next few days, I plan to start selling much of Marion Osborne's vintage Dol-Toi collection, that I still have,  in multiple listings. I am beginning with the kitchen so already there are various cookers, fridges, kitchen dressers, Welsh dressers, sinks etc. now for sale. Listing is so time consuming and very slow, so please bear with me.

Please click on the following link to view:
http://ktminiatures.com/Dol-Toi.html


2 comments:

12Create said...

Sounds like an idyllic day and a vintage fair is the perfect way to top it off. I love the items you purchased. The embroidery is beautiful.

KT Miniatures said...

Thanks 12Create...I just think the muted colours are so beautiful, on both the pictures, jug and embroidery. Celia