Monday 22 February 2016

Some More Teeny Dolls House Toys...

Thame Dolls House & Miniatures Fair is taking place this coming Saturday, so I have just been putting the finishing touches to the last few handmade bits and bobs that are about to leave my workbench.

For your old dolls house nursery there are some old fashioned antique style toy bricks, some lithograph antique style elephants standing on old childrens books, plus some of KT Miniatures usual sets of old style books fixed together in batches. 
On the same theme, I have also been making various vintage toy shelves, with a wonderful c1920s backing paper. 

I have just not had time to photograph every single one of my recent creations as there is now quite a collection, but my Thame Fair Stock Page is now live, so if you are coming on Saturday, you can see at your leisure a comprehensive list of both handmade plus antique/vintage items that I will be taking. Although please note, that all items will be sold on a first come, first serve basis and cannot be reserved before the fair. Also I will not have credit card facilities on the day-sorry, so you will need to pay in cash or from well known customers only, I would be happy to accept cheques. I will be adding to the list further during the week, mostly to the antique and vintage section - and if I have room on my stand, will have one or two popular "rummaging boxes" too.

In a day or so, I hope to feature some photos of a selection of antique and vintage pieces that will be available to purchase on Saturday, including a delightful little c1930s dolls house.


My double stand will be in its usual place in the Main Hall by the double exit doors, Stand No.30. For full details about the fair, please see the official Thame Fair website:
 
Daughter Kate is dashing back from uni for the weekend and has been bribed offered to help me on the day, so if you are coming on Saturday, do please stop by our stand and say "hi". It would be so nice to meet you all.

 DCA Vacuum Cleaner & Rare DCA Dolls House Plant Set Donations
Followers of KT Miniatures Journal may remember a few weeks back the story of these DCA items above, that have been donated by the son of one of the co-founders of the company DCA (CLICK HERE). Well, these items have arrived and will be for sale on my stand, with all proceeds in aid of  the charity - Breast Cancer Now. Again, these will be sold on a first come, first serve basis and I hope that whoever purchases these wonderful rare miniatures will give generously. 

Celia

2 comments:

Giac said...

Hello Celia,
Those new items are just lovely! I love the blocks! I hope the show this coming weekend is a huge success, both for you and for the charity.
Big hug
Giac

KT Miniatures said...

Many thanks for stopping by Giac. The blocks may be tiny but they took absolutely ages to make, all are handcut and I also tried to make them so that they look authentically old. All the handmade items now priced up and packed. Now need to tackle the antique items - will be taking quite some time! Celia