Saturday 30 September 2017

Possible New KT Miniatures Workshop Next Spring...Anyone Interested?



After Robin Britton and I closed the doors on our joint Nostalgia In Miniature Workshops venture in July of last year due to her retirement, I did promise to let you know when or indeed if I was to start the workshops once more. Well folks, I have news at long last. Yep, I am planning a new workshop for next spring.

 As One Door Closes, Another One Opens - Hence New Beginnings....
 Just Some Of Our Old Nostalgia In Miniature Workshop Projects From Previous Years
 All future workshops will come under the banner of KT Miniatures, as Nostalgia In Miniature Workshops no longer exists as such and the original website has been discontinued. However, if you want to see photos of all the old workshop projects, they can now be viewed in KT Miniatures Archives:



Similarly the old workshop blog can still be viewed via the following link, but it is now closed and nothing new will be added to it miniatureworkshops.blogspot.co.uk  


I plan on using the same ethos and basis as before ie. all are welcome, beginners and experienced miniaturists alike. Plus we will use ordinary everyday materials, as well as alternative techniques to create beautiful miniatures. It feels a little daunting and rather odd at the thought of doing all this on my own without Robin, but am very much looking forward to the challenge.  Although actually she has kindly offered to assist on the day of any workshop and undertake duties such as hand out paint, glue and materials, and even engage in some friendly banter:). Ha ha...we can't keep her away!   

New Project In The Planning...





I do have a rather super project in mind of a freestanding 1/12th scale antique German style kitchen. It will have two sides, a back and a base plus separate pieces of furniture. In fact the basic kitchen frame is not too dissimilar to those which can be seen in these two wonderful old postcard images above. 

This particular project should be quite versatile and adaptable, and you will have plenty of scope to use your own imagination and creativity with it as you please. The real antique miniature German kitchens and accompanying furniture costs hundreds of pounds these days, and are becoming as rare as hens teeth to get hold of! So I am hoping that this particular project may appeal to both antique and vintage dolls house collectors, as well as miniaturists alike.

Are You Interested?

In the first instance I need to assess if there will be enough interest in this project to proceed. If there is, I will then try to confirm a booking with our previous workshop venue - Bicester Garden Centre (right next to junction 9 of the M40). And if that is unavailable then I will seek an alternative Thame venue.  I am considering a Saturday in the spring of 2018 (although please see note below)*. Therefore if anyone reading this would like to confirm an interest in attending my workshop next spring without any obligation at this stage, then please do get in touch with me asap. (email: info@ktminiatures.com) and I will add you to the "Possibly Might Like To Come To KT Miniatures 2018 Workshop List".  Meanwhile I will crack on with the prototype.  Due to logistical reasons I will have to limit numbers to no more than ten people at any one session.

Am Considering Running The Workshop Over Two Days.
*At last year's workshops, a few people asked if it was possible to run future workshops over two days ie. a whole weekend, as our projects have often been quite complex and it was sometimes felt more time was needed to complete. I am very open to this suggestion and am going to explore this possibility with the Bicester venue. However, I am aware for numerous reasons that some people will only be able to attend for one day...so am currently considering if there is a way I can do both options and keep everyone happy. Of course, as always with all our previous workshops, all attendees will be given a comprehensive folder of instructions plus a complete kit, so you can continue to complete your project at home. 


Meanwhile I will show photos of the prototype as it evolves over the next few weeks. I am currently working on different variations of an old German style kitchen range - one of which can be partly seen above. Am planning on having variations in colour and design, so that it can be adapted to the attendee's taste and needs. 

If anyone would like to be added to my KT Miniatures monthly "Workshop Newsletter" (is separate from KT Miniatures normal monthly newsletter) then please feel free to email me.

 Celia

No comments: